The Davis Family Flash

The Davis Family Flash
Welcome to the Davis Family Blog! We are active members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormons). We hope you enjoy learning more about our family. We love our six children, wonderful daughter-in-law, and two grandsons. We are a musical family, and love the outdoors.

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Liberty Jail





I was able to stop by Liberty Jail for a short time on my way to the Kansas City airport. As with all church sites, the missionaries where excellent hosts, shared inspiring stories, bore strong testimonies, and the spirit was present. I learned that the Prophet Joseph Smith did not receive Section 121 of the Doctrine and Covenants and answers to his prayerful pleadings until he was in the prison for 120 days, of the total of 128 days he was held captive. I also learned that Liberty Jail is classified as a church sacred site, not just a historical visitors center.

I am looking forward to when I can return with Cindy and the children so they can also be taught and inspired by these historical and sacred places.

No comments:

Post a Comment